If you are one of those artsy and creative individuals, a sticker-selling business could be a perfect choice for you. A sticker-selling business can be highly profitable if you maintain the quality, produce attractive, eye-catching designs, and have a knack for sales. You can sell your stickers on Etsy- an online marketplace with a large set of buyers. It is perfect for selling unique, DIY objects, and small-scale businesses and crafty individuals can benefit from it.
Do you know the best part? You can start your sticker selling a business by printing your stickers at home and earning a profit margin of as much as 85%. You can begin your sticker printing business by getting equipment worth just a few hundred dollars. If you contemplate starting a sticker business, this article could be helpful for you. We will tell you all you need to about how to start printing and selling stickers at home. We have also compiled a list of the best sticker printing machine for small business on the market so you can start printing right away!
Although we have reviewed 10 best vinyl sticker printer machine one by one in detail (pros and limitations) but if you look in hurry, the table below will help you which one is perfect for your needs.
- Features: Wireless,Compact,6 Dye-based Inks, Rear Tray with capacity of 20 sheets of 4” x 6” or up to 10 sheets of 5” x 7” photo paper, Replaceable Maintenance Cartridge & Print Heads
- Benefits:3800 (4″x6″) color photos with one set of ink,Long-lasting stickers with Canon’s ChromaLife100 technology, borderless photos in sizes up to 8.5 by 11 inches.
- Features: 1.44” OLED display and LED status, five individual ink system,auto expandable output tray,Recommended for both Home & Office.
- Benefits: Prints up to fifteen black and white and ten color pages per minute, Versatility with print media.
- Features: All-in-One Wireless Printer, Compatible with smartphones,Two months of free HP Instant Ink subscription.
- Benefits: Can print 20 monochrome and 11 color pages per minute,Uses up to 50% less paper,Duplex printing.
- Features:Color Laser Printer,All in one with Wireless Printing,2.65″ CGD Touch Screen,Built-in Duplex Printing.
- Benefits:It produces 13 black and seven color pages per minute,supports multiple print sizes such as 8.5” x 11”, 8.5” x 14”, 4” x 6”, 5” x 7” and more,borderless prints of up to 8.5 x 11.7 inches,Versatile media handling ability.
- Features: Dye sublimation printing,Compatible with Smartphones, PC, Laptops,Compact and 2 packs of pre-cut paper stock.
- Benefits: Can print a 4 x 6″ photo in less than sixty seconds,Portable, Low Cost per print,ink dries instantly due to thermal dye-sublimation technology.
- Features: Wireless,All-in-One Cartridge-Free Supertank Printer with Scan, Copy, Auto 2-Sided Printing and Ethernet,High-capacity ink tanks.
- Benefits: Save up to 90% with replacement ink bottles vs. ink cartridges,Zero Cartridge Waste, 2 Years stress free printing (ink in the box),can print 15 black and white and eight color pages in a minute.
- Features: All-in-one Printer,4-Color Cartridge System,Compatible with Windows, Mac,Hybrid Ink System.
- Benefits:Can print on print media such as plain paper, glossy photo paper, envelopes, etc. print resolution of 600 x 1200 dpi,supports XL ink cartridges that you will not have to replace frequently,minimal noise while printing.
- Features: Comes pre-loaded with one 25 foot by 9 inch permanent adhesive cartridge,Laminator, Sticker Maker, Magnet Maker in one simple machine,Multi-width Adapter.
- Benefits: Eco-friendly and doesn’t require batteries or electricity,can create a number of things from this handy machine, such as invitations, scrapbook cards, stickers, labels, and more.,Switching cartridges is easy,Mess-free adhesive.
- Features: For Arts, Crafts & Sewing, cutting, writing and foiling magic creator,50 ready-to-make projects,multifunctional machine that cuts, writes, and scores.
- Benefits: The machine has a cutting space of 11.5 x 23.5 inches, sufficient for any crafting project, best for Customizing cards, creating iron-on stickers for T-shirts, designing wall decor for home or office.
- Features: Electronic DIY Cutting Machine, 682 built-in designs, built-in scanner,12″ x 12″ standard tack mat, black pen, pen holder, touch pen, spatula, accessory pouch, pattern collection with 76 additional patterns.
- Benefits:It has an auto blade that detects the material automatically,cut any material having thickness up to three millimeters,cuts, embosses, and draws,5” large touch screen display.
What Do I Need to Start a Sticker Printing Business?
You can start printing stickers with just about any regular printer and paper available at home. But, if you want to sell high-quality stickers that look vibrant and last long, you are going to need a few essential pieces of equipment like:
Starting stickers can be lucrative with the potential for earning $30K-$200K/year. However, it depends on the volume of stickers you can print and sell per day.
Best Sticker Printing Machine for Small Business
Find below ten top-rated sticker printing machines concerning quality, performance, and affordability. These printing machines are economical and deliver excellent results. We have tested them thoroughly (pros & cons) and taken into account customer feedback so you can find the perfect product fitting your printing needs within your budget. Let’s have a look at the printers one by one.
You May Also Like: Best Mini Sticker Printer
Canon Pixma G620
The Canon Pixma G620 is a mega tank photo printer with a six dye-based inks system. We found easy-to-fill ink tanks and once the ink is inserted, there is smooth ink flow until the tanks are full. It is perfect for homes and small offices as it offers exceptional quality and comes with an affordable price tag. The all-in-one printer can perform print, copy, and scan functions. Also, the operational costs are significantly lower.
Canon’s ChromaLife100 technology helps produce long-lasting stickers as it prevents fading over time. You can send photos and sticker designs off your phone to the printer and print them easily and quickly. It comes with numerous mobile utilities like Apple AirPrint, Mopria Print, Canon Print, photo editing apps, Pixma Chat Print, Pixma Cloud, etc.
- It can print up to 47 inches long stickers.
- Economical refillable ink tanks.
- It prints high-quality borderless photos in sizes up to 8.5 by 11 inches.
- It produces high-quality prints in less than a minute.
- Easy to set up and use.
- Wifi and USB Connectivity.
- Perfect for Home & Offices.
- It does not have an auto document feeder.
- The Control panel isn’t intuitive.
The Canon G620 is a versatile vinyl sticker printer machine perfect for printing photo stickers. With one set of ink, you are able to print up to 3800 color photos of 4″x6″.The six colors dye-based ink system creates vivid colors that closely match the color on your phone or camera. Its economical price and low running costs make it perfect for consumers entering the sticker printing business.
This Sticker Printer Machine Price is $469.99.
Canon Pixma TS6320
On testing, the Canon Pixma TS6320 produces impressive output quality at an above-average print speed. It prints up to fifteen black and white and ten color pages per minute. When it comes to media sizes, the printer is quite versatile. It has a rear tray that can hold twenty sheets of 4 x 6” photo paper and ten sheets of 5 x 7” photo paper.
Connectivity options include WIFI, USB, and Bluetooth 4.0.
In our experience, the scanner is average but suitable for scanning documents and photos. The scanner is also good to go if you have thicker documents to scan.
We found the display fine. Buttons are easy to navigate on the screen and simple to use menu there. We wished if there would be a large display.
TS6320 is compatible with several print media like plain paper, glossy, semi-gloss, matte photo paper, super high gloss paper, magnetic photo paper, etc. The printer can automatically detect which media type the rear tray is holding. Also, it works with AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Mopria, and Canon’s Pixma Cloud Print and Canon Print apps.
- It prints professional-quality images and stickers.
- Fast Printing Speed.
- It can print 4 x 6” borderless photos in 21 seconds.
- It supports voice-activated printing with Alexa and Google Home Assistant.
- The only Canon printer that supports Instagram square image media size.
- Easy to use with a 1.44-inch OLED and an LED bar.
- Compatible with Windows and Mac OS.
- It is large and heavy.
- It can not print two-sided pages automatically.
The Canon Pixma TS6320 is an entry-level photo-centric printer that performs scan and copy functions. It offers several advanced features and robust connectivity options. It is cheap, and the individual ink cartridge system prevents ink wastage. That is why it is perfect for small sticker printing businesses.
HP Officejet Pro 6978
The HP Officejet pro 6978 ink-efficient, affordable sticker printer is excellent for buyers with a limited budget. It is perfect for low-volume home and office printing and delivers vivid, detailed photo prints. The operational costs are low. Also, you get two months of free HP Instant Ink subscription.
It is super easy to navigate with a 2.7-inch color touch screen. Tactile buttons around the screen are present which make moving easy to Home and Back. In case of any difficulty, built-in guide videos are there to help you.
The pro 6978 can print 20 monochrome and 11 color pages per minute. It has an impressively high input capacity of 225 sheets. Apart from being a cheap but good-quality sticker printer, it also uses up to 50% less paper than other printers in this price range. It has multiple advanced connectivity options like WIFI, Ethernet, WIFI Direct, etc.
When you need a high-quality scanned document, the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 has what it takes. It offers both flatbed and automatic document feeders for scanning fragile items as well as thicker media that can’t necessarily go through its ADF automatically without some help from your hands (though if all else fails there is always one pass). What really sets this machine apart though? Its built-in OCR which lets users save documents into PDFs ready to be edited later on; making searchable copies of text easier than ever!
We experienced that the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978’s cartridge system is disappointing. It doesn’t yield many black or color pages, so you’ll need to replace them often, especially if printing a lot! Not many alerts are given, it gives you an alert when the ink begins fading and another indicator that cartridges need replacing.
- Prints from smartphones.
- Can print 20 monochrome and 11 color pages per minute.
- Uses up to 50% less paper than other printers.
- Supports Duplex Printing.
- All-in-one printer with copying, scanning, and faxing functions.
- Auto Document Feeder.
- Slow Print Speed.
- Operational costs can be higher if you use it without HP Instant Ink.
The HP Officejet Pro 6978 is an efficient printer that saves considerable time with auto-duplexing ADF and automatic two-sided scanning. The print speed is competitive, and the print quality is terrific. Use it with HP’s Instant Ink service to reduce the running costs.
HP Envy Photo 7855
The HP Envy photo 7855 is a good-quality multifunctional printer with numerous advanced functionalities. It has modern wireless connectivity options like WIFI and Bluetooth. Also, it can print directly from USB flash drives and SD cards.
- Bluetooth: Yes
- USB: Yes
- Ethernet: Yes
- WiFiDirect: Yes
- WiFi via Router: Yes
- Morpia Print Service: Yes
- AppleAir Print: Yes
It supports multiple print sizes such as 8.5” x 11”, 8.5” x 14”, 4” x 6”, 5” x 7” and more. The printer has a black-only mode. You can print in black and would not need to purchase color cartridges.
The HP Envy Photo 7855 features a touch screen of 2.6″. You can print and edit photos that are being sent through iPhone and iPad. Tabs on the menu are small and we faced difficulty in pressing them.
The HP Envy photo 7855 has a reasonable print speed. It produces 13 black and seven color pages per minute. The printer is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Chrome OS and flaunts a high resolution of 4800 x 1200 dpi. With the HP Smart app, users can scan documents from their cameras and print directly from their social media.
The flatbed scanner has high scan resolutions and can handle photos with great detail, but we found there isn’t duplex printing so you need manual flipping for double sided documents.
- It gives vivid photo prints with high contrast.
- Input capacity of 125 sheets.
- Automatic document feeder.
- It produces 13 black and seven color pages per minute.
- Print directly from USB flash drives and SD cards.
- It produces borderless prints of up to 8.5 x 11.7 inches.
- Versatile media handling ability.
- It has only one color cartridge.
- It does not support 2” x 3” photo paper.
With its fast printing speed, decent print quality, and auto document feeder, the HP Envy photo 7855 is perfect for low to medium-volume printing at home or in small working environments. You can save your operational costs significantly by subscribing to HP’s Instant Ink program.
Canon Selphy CP1300
The Canon’s Selphy CP1300 wireless printer is an easy-to-use sticker printer with a large screen and intuitive user interface. The printer has the excellent print quality and a variety of connectivity options. The CP1300 makes printing from Smart devices super convenient and quick. The compact design of this printer makes it perfect for homes and small offices.
Canon’s Selphy CP1300 produces vibrant, durable prints that last. It uses the dye-sublimation printing method to print a 4 x 6″ photo in less than sixty seconds. With CP1300, you can print photos and stickers in various sizes, such as 2.1″ x 2.1″, 2.1 x 3.4″, 3.5 x 4.7″, 4 x 6″ and more.
- Lightweight and compact.
- Uses Dye-Sublimation Technology.
- Prints a 4 x 6″ photo in less than sixty seconds.
- Perfect for art prints.
- The ink dries instantly due to thermal dye-sublimation technology.
- It lacks touch screen.
The Canon Selphy CP1300 has exceptional print quality comparable to drug store prints. The photo-only printer is ideal for the sticker business as it guarantees highly detailed, long-lasting results. It offers ease of use and several modern features at an affordable price.
Epson Eco Tank ET-3830
If you need a fast printer with all the latest features, ET3830 is perfect for you. The all-in-one wireless printer has easily refillable, high-capacity ink tanks, so you wouldn’t have to worry about running costs. Not only does it have terrific print quality, but it also has a high-resolution flatbed scanner. It means that you are getting top-tier quality at an affordable price.
The printer comes with ink sufficient for up to two years. The super tank printer smoothly prints from smart devices. ET3830 produces crisp, highly legible text and high-resolution images and graphics on any print media. It can print 15 black and white and eight color pages in a minute.
- Two Sided Printing.
- Zero cartridge waste.
- Built-in flatbed scanner.
- 2.4” color display for easy navigation.
- 250 sheet input capacity.
- Supports voice-activated printing.
- WIFI, Ethernet, USB connectivity.
- Average color accuracy.
- Lacks touch screen display.
The Epson Eco tank 3830 is a high-quality, multifunctional printer suitable for homes and small businesses. The high print resolution and print size versatility make it perfect for printing vibrant stickers. Also, connectivity options and print speed are impressive with a digital sticker printing machine.
Canon Pixma MG2522
The Canon Pixma MG2522 is an affordable inkjet printer with copying and scanning capabilities. You can print on print media such as plain paper, glossy photo paper, envelopes, etc. Also, it supports a variety of print sizes, from small 4” x 6” to large 8.5” x 14”. It is perfectly capable of meeting home and small business printing needs.
The printer has WIFI and Google Cloud Print capability. It makes it easier for multiple users to share the printer without manually connecting it to their devices. The MG2522 has a print resolution of 4800 x 1200 dpi, so you can be sure that your photos and stickers will look excellent. It has intuitive control buttons that help print documents, graphics, and images quicker and easier.
- It supports a maximum print size of 8.5 x 14 inches.
- Easy to set up and use.
- Small and lightweight.
- Compatible with Mac and Windows operating systems.
- Produces minimal noise while printing.
- It supports XL ink cartridges that you will not have to replace frequently.
- Google Cloud Print compatibility.
- Lacks ADF.
- Slow Print Speed.
If you are looking for an affordable all-in-one printer with excellent print quality, the Canon Pixma MG 2522 is a good option. It has a small footprint, and you can even share the printer with your friends and family through Google Cloud Print.
Xyron Creative Station
Xyron creative station is an outstanding crafting machine, a must-have for crafters and sticker sellers. It can serve multiple purposes for sticker sellers as it works as a laminator, sticker maker, and magnet maker. This handy machine eliminates the need for separate devices. Xyron creative station comes with acid-free permanent adhesive cartridges.
The machine is eco-friendly and doesn’t require batteries or electricity. You can create a number of things from this handy machine, such as invitations, scrapbook cards, stickers, labels, and more. Depending on the size of your project, you can switch between 9” and 5” cartridges.
- Compact design perfect for small businesses with space limitations.
- Best for Art and Craft Projects
- Safe for children.
- Switching cartridges is easy.
- It works with various materials like photos, fabric, foam, etc.
- Mess-free adhesive.
- Manual Operation.
- The lamination may wrinkle on occasions.
The Xyron creative station is a compact, versatile, and environment-friendly machine. It can be a valuable asset for crafters and sticker business owners. Even though you have to operate the machine manually, it is intuitive and comes with an easy-to-follow instruction manual.
Cricut Explore Air 2
The Cricut Explore Air 2 is a handy, intuitive machine perfect for beginners and experts alike. It is the most versatile machine that works with over a hundred different materials. The cutter is easy to maintain and affordable. It has three separate powerful blades that make intricate, precise cuts on many thick materials. You can choose the material you want to cut through the Smart set dial.
With Cricut Explore Air 2, you get access to Cricut Design Space. It is cloud-based- you can work on your designs on your smartphones, tablets, and laptops. The app is easy to use. You can create custom sticker designs with just a few clicks. The machine has a cutting space of 11.5 x 23.5 inches, sufficient for any crafting project.
- Perfect for hobbyists and Etsy shop owners.
- It is a multifunctional machine that cuts, writes, and scores.
- Maximum cutting size of 12 x 24 inches.
- 400g cutting force.
- Free design software.
- Wireless connectivity.
- Noisy when working on fast mode.
The Cricut Explore Air 2 is a high-quality, reliable vinyl sticker printing and cutting machine. It gives users the freedom to work with numerous materials. With Air 2, the possibilities for crafters and sticker business owners are endless. Also, it is the most intuitive and speediest cutting machine on the market.
Brother ScanNCut SDX125E
The Brother ScannCut SDX125E is an electronic cutting machine with a scanner. It has a built-in library of 628 designs that you can access through the touch screen display on the screen. You wouldn’t need an internet connection, app, tablets, or smartphones. The machine is fast and quiet, and it has an auto blade that detects the material automatically. You can create and edit your designs using advanced editing features by Brother’s free design software.
The Brother ScannCut SDX125E is a capable high-end die-cutting machine. It comes with everything you need to kick-start your sticker business. It has a tool holder where you can keep your blades and other accessories. With this machine, you can precisely cut any material having a thickness up to three millimeters. Also, the cutting mat is large and can accommodate materials up to 12 x 24 inches.
- It cuts, embosses, and draws.
- It allows working with paper, fabric, vinyl, leather, etc.
- Noiseless operation.
- Auto blade prevents inaccurate cuts and material wastage.
- 5” large touch screen display.
- Supports SVG files.
- WIFI and USB connectivity.
- Heavy and Large.
- It has a slight learning curve.
The Brother ScannCut SDX125E is perfect for anyone who wants an efficient cutting machine compatible with various materials. Not only is it helpful in making stickers it also serves multiple crafting needs like sewing, scrapbooking, quilting, and more. The intuitive large color display makes navigating the device easier.
Sticker selling business is one of those startups that do not require a hefty capital but can be highly lucrative. Learning how to create stickers and set up an Etsy shop is super easy. Making stickers from scratch on your own may seem tricky at first, but once you get the hang of it, you will surely enjoy creating unique, gorgeous-looking stickers. We hope that the article helps you acquire suitable equipment within your budget.
There is a large market for hand-crafted, one-of-a-kind creations, and hopefully, you will start selling stickers in no time. Make sure you practice rigorously to achieve excellence before putting your stickers on sale!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How can I make professional-looking stickers at home?
Stickers are a creative and fun way to decorate greeting cards or invitations or promote a business. With the equipment mentioned in the article, you can easily create professional-quality stickers at home. There is plenty of resource material online that could help you learn the process. Remember, practice is the key to achieving perfection.
Q: Which paper is best for printing stickers?
A good quality sticker paper is necessary to print high-quality stickers. Sticker paper has an adhesive on the back, and an easy-to-peel backing protects it. There are different types of sticker papers that you can choose, for example, vinyl, white glossy, white matte, etc.
Q: How to make vinyl stickers?
For making vinyl stickers, you will need self-adhesive vinyl paper. It is abundantly available online and at art and office supplies stores.
Q: Can I print stickers with a regular printer?
You can print stickers with a regular printer. But if you want your stickers to look great and last long, you should consider investing in a dedicated sticker printer.
Q: How much does it cost to start a sticker business?
Sticker selling is a profitable business that you can start with little cost and equipment. Depending on the niche and equipment you look forward to purchasing, starting a sticker business might cost as little as $100 or as much as $1,000.
Q: Can I make stickers at home without buying a cutting machine?
A good cutting machine would help you make professional-level stickers. But you can also cut your stickers by hand using scissors, a paper cutter, or a paper trimmer.
I am Mason, a Team Leader & Writer, a proactive and collaborative individual who works closely with my team to achieve shared goals. I am skilled in managing projects and am able to lead my team to success by setting clear expectations, providing guidance and feedback, and fostering a positive and productive work environment. I have a deep understanding of printers, sticker printers, label makers, sublimation, and craft markets, and use my knowledge to produce high-quality content that is both informative and trusted for the readers.